Wednesday, July 27, 2011

sometimes i get distracted

Half of me forgot I had a blog.  Half of me wanted to forget because it's been a long few weeks and I don't want to have to have time for something else.  You don't care.

Let's reboot this thing with more about me, because no one is reading and I'm particularly fond of talking about myself.

I sell body jewelry for a living.  When I started, I made it, and now I sell it, seven years later.  It's the best body jewelry manufacturing company in the world, and it's not just me being bias.  This company believes so much in standing behind their jewelry it's sometimes to a fault.  People don't really understand what is put into making that navel curve or that tongue barbell.  It's just something to buy, not something to think through - what did someone do to make that?

Someone bought materials, ran the parts through a machine to create them, drilled them by hand, deburred the ends, hand polished them to a beautiful finish, hammered in each individual stone, all just to present you with something you see as a shiny new thing for your hole!

It's fast-paced and always-on-your-toes and sometimes chocked full of anxiety!  But it's a wonderful place to be, and I have family there, and I don't really know where else I would be in life.

So that's what I do for a living.

No comments:

Post a Comment