Thursday, November 3, 2011

a quick jaunt through nashville

I think you have to go through Arkansas to get to Nashville, but I'm pretty sure it's never worth mentioning.  Ten years ago, it wasn't worth mentioning either.  It's that little southern state you pass through that doesn't have anything you remember.  Yeah, that one..
We arrived in Nashville and shot over to Icon Studios to meet up with Betty Ann.  It was sort of a spur of the moment thing that we were ending up here (we had time!) so she had to work until midnight.  We were exhausted, but I was hankering for a drink and there were at least six bars on all of the corners around the shop.

Which one?

We stood there on one side of the street watching a deck with people piling up on it, but there were too many people and the music was loud and it wasn't our sort of atmosphere just yet -we were sober, remember.  There, across the way, was a little sign up above that spelled out "Winners!"

That was it!  That was our bar.  We were winners. The downside was that it was a sports bar, and we really aren't *those* type of people for sure.  Halfway across the street I saw the dingy little dark room beside the other bar.  This one had a little sign, nowhere near as big as the "Winners!"  It said: "Losers."

"My mistake," I told Jeff, "THAT is our bar."  And there we went, where I was mesmerized (as always) by the bartender and her oh-so-southern accent.  I have a thing for accents, if that hasn't been mentioned previously.  A few drinks in, we were once again remembering exhaustion and moved outside to find/eat some food.

We ended up back in front of the shop, where we actually sat and ended up hanging out for a couple of hours.  When Betty Ann got off work, we zipped over to here house, while I tried to resist my sleep yet again.  I think I fell asleep sitting up a few times.  I can't remember most of the conversations, and what I do remember wont be shared here, but we snuck out at 6am, long before anyone else would wake..

No comments:

Post a Comment