Thursday, June 16, 2011

this is offensive

Abortion.
There's a heavy word.  It makes some people angry just hearing it - people from both sides.   Fuck I hate this argument, more than I hate most topics.  Much more.

You don't want people to get abortions because of religion, politics, and/or morality (why is it that this is such a reoccurring theme? - More on that later in a 'your opinion is unnecessary to me' blog) so you stop them.

Then they die.  Or the kid dies.  Or the kid grows up violent.  Hm. Maybe you think it's too close to playing god, and/or that it's just plain murder.  That's fine.  I don't care enough about that particular part of this argument  to put forth any real effort.  You're kind of right. You're kind of not.  Whatever.

 Here's the real kicker:

"The people shouldn't have to put their tax money towards Planned Parenthood for abortions."
Uh.
Oh my fucking god, I heard this on television one day from some white trash political 'leader' or another (it really, really doesn't matter, because it's the thought that counts here), and I wanted to tear the cable out of the wall and get rid of it once and for all.  I'd still have internet though, and I have to go outside, so... I digress.  You, and I, and your neighbor know, as tax payers, they're going to take it regardless of whether or not we like it.

Here are your options:

Pay for the mother who (for whatever reasons, which are HERS TO CHOOSE) chooses to get an abortion instead of raising the child - for whatever reason.

Or Pay for the following POTENTIAL possibilities:

welfare/food-stamps/insurance

jail for the child/mother/father/siblings/etc.etc.etc?

another child in foster-care

another child in....

....

I could go on and on and on about the horrible future in store for a lot of these potential children.  It's a cruel world out there.  End it fast, don't drag it out.  Pro Choice.

No comments:

Post a Comment